Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The First Post

A little about me.

I work with sexual abuse victims. I've done this job for a long time. This blog is a place for me to unload what I absorb as well as spout off my opinions on a variety of happenings and issues.

I'm married. I think my years of working with abused women makes me appreciate what it means to be a "good man." I have quite a few very good friends. I don't have children by choice. I tend to take people in as well as critters.

With the exception of my job, I think I live a pretty quiet life. In fact, when I find myself in loud, crowded places I really am reminded just how quiet my life is. I also think that the years of dealing with other people's crises has made me calmer in the face of the world turning upside down. However, that doesn't mean that I don't have my moments of being utterly irrational or spastic.

I like dialogue and hope that people will feel free to interact with my posts. However, I will warn you that if you post comments that are mean in nature, not particularly well thought out, or advertisements - I'll block them.

No comments: