Thursday, August 23, 2007

I'm the Dork

One of the buzz phrases in my office is to call each other out for being a dork. It started when I demonstrated the "play in one act." (it's from some children's program - you fan a bit of paper and hold it under your nose to be the evil villain, on top of your head to be the damsel in distress, and under your chin to be the hero) Anyway, when I was done with my bit of silliness, the coworker just looked at me and said "you're a dork." It's become one of our favorites.

Well, today I am the dork, for real.

We have been struggling for the past two months with our pager company. They have closed the local office and now want all customer service issues routed through a call center. The problem is that although the folks who answer the phones in the call center are perfectly pleasant - once the problem or solution leaves their hands - it's forever lost. The tech folks and engineer folks seem to have absolutely no concern for customer service issues.

Today, the local customer service rep came by our office and we now have totally working pagers with our original number and everything. I was over the moon. I did little happy dances to the pagers through out the day. My co-worker was giddy when she told our answering service that ONCE again we have working pagers. The joy ended when I walked in the house this evening and realized I'd left my pager on my desk. Even the people at our answering service laughed at me.

No comments: