Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Saved, by my job

It's happened exactly twice now.

The first time, I was buzzing down a hill on a major highway when I got tagged by the cops for going a bit over the speed limit. When the officer, who I know in passing, saw it was me - he asked "do you still work over at the rape crisis center?" When I said yes - completely ready to take my ticket and behave myself, he instead said "slow down, we don't want to lose the good ones." Whew.

And today - when a local organization who likes to arrange for "speakers" for community groups wanted me to go speak to a group of bankers - fortunately, I was busy busy busy. Legitimately.

I don't mind speaking to groups - but my experience with this organization is that they aren't so much interested in what your organization does or how they could help - but patting themselves on the backs for their golf scores. I have plenty of folks who are interested in this work, and how they can help to spin my wheels talking to the walls.

No comments: