Friday, July 6, 2007

Friday Fun Client Stories

Many years ago - probably in the 90s - well, I know in the 90s - a client who was a regular crisis line caller phoned up in a tizzy. She was pretty worked up about something she'd seen on television.

After finally calming her down enough to make sense of what she was saying, she told me that I needed to know that we were just wasting time and money by having this crisis line. Naturally, I wanted to know why she'd come to this conclusion - especially since she'd been so fond of calling us.

She explained that she'd been watching the noon news while feeding her baby - and she'd caught part of a story - apparently, scientists had cloned dinosaurs from fossils, and then the dinosaurs had escaped and "NOW WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!"

I suggested that what she'd actually seen was a bit about a new, fictional movie that was coming out. She sighed heavily - like you do when someone is so stupid it isn't worth your time to correct them, and hung up on me.

She did continue to call back to the crisis line - and never mentioned our impending doom again.

No comments: